Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad icloud tabs won't close on Safari mac

On Safari Start Page on Mac, shows many tabs open on iPad Safari. But they are old pages long since closed. I close the tabs on the Mac, but they reappear. I've had this happen before for a few pages, but never for pages that go back months ago.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 7:21 PM

Thank for the suggestion. I tried something else in the meanwhile that worked, but good to know about this if the problem recurs.

I'd previously tried a suggestion here of logging out of iCloud on the devices, and then logging back in. After a few tries, it worked inconsistently.

This time I happened to run into another suggestion while I was searching. On each device (i.e., Mac and iPad), go to

Apple ID > iCloud and toggle off Safari.

Leave it in that state overnight on the guess that some cycling through happens. Next morning toggle Safari back on. All old links gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 7:21 PM in response to ku4hx

Thank for the suggestion. I tried something else in the meanwhile that worked, but good to know about this if the problem recurs.

I'd previously tried a suggestion here of logging out of iCloud on the devices, and then logging back in. After a few tries, it worked inconsistently.

This time I happened to run into another suggestion while I was searching. On each device (i.e., Mac and iPad), go to

Apple ID > iCloud and toggle off Safari.

Leave it in that state overnight on the guess that some cycling through happens. Next morning toggle Safari back on. All old links gone.

iPad icloud tabs won't close on Safari mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.