Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant make calls from ipad

Hi, I can answer calls on my ipad but cant make outgoing calls. I’m getting the message

iPhone Calls Not Available

Your iPhone must be signed

in with the same Apple ID

for FaceTime and iCloud to

make phone calls from this

iPad.

I have tried everything for hours. I did also set wifi callings by my carrier. This is a bug.

I bought the ipad to easily make calls from it. Its a mini 6 and the phone is iPhone 8.

Appreciate your help,

Auy

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 9:45 AM

Until you have resolved the FaceTime activation issue, you’ll not be able to properly (if at all) make or receive calls with your iPad.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

6 replies

Apr 26, 2022 5:10 AM in response to StGuy

If you are experiencing difficulties making Calls from iPad via your linked iPhone or WiFi Calling, it may be necessary to first fully disable both Wi-Fi Calling and Calls on Other Devices on the linked iPhone.

Settings > Mobile Data >

• Wi-Fi Calling - Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices - set to OFF
  • Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone - set to OFF
  • Calls on Other Devices > Allow Calls on Other Devices - set to OFF

Temporarily disabling FaceTime on both iPad and iPhone is also recommended:

Settings > FaceTime > FaceTime - set to OFF

Next, force restart your iPhone and iPad:

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

After both iPhone and iPad have been restarted, re-enable FaceTime on both devices - allowing a few minutes for the service to fully reactivate on both devices. Now re-enable Calls on Other Devices on your iPhone - then re-enabling Wi-Fi Calling on iPhone. It may take many minutes for your carrier to re-enable Wi-Fi calling services; be patient.

Finally, on iPad, re-enable Calls from iPhone:

FaceTime > Calls from iPhone > Calls from iPhone - set to ON

Apr 26, 2022 9:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you both for your kind help. LotusPilot I have done all the steps, and still no go. When I activate facetime on the phone it says

FaceTime activation

An error occurred during activation. Try again

But afterword this massage it seems to work fine. Just no outgoing calls from the ipad, with the same message on the ipad as before.

Im clueless.

Thank you,

Guy

Cant make calls from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.