Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Triple Monitor Docking Station

Hi, I need a docking station for my 2021 M1 16” MacBook Pro that will allow me to connect the following THREE monitors:

Single Studio Display

Dual LG ultrafine 24” 4k monitors

Cant find anything that allows all 3 simultaneously

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 9:41 AM

The MacBook Pro M1 'original' System-on-a-Chip with 13-in display issued in 2020 supports only ONE external display.

The MacBook Pro M1 PRO System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in issued in 2021 supports at most TWO external displays.,

The MacBook Pro M1 MAX System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in used in 2021 supports at most FOUR external displays.

The Mac supports Multi-Stream Transport (MST, multiple displays on one cable) with a maximum of TWO modest-sized displays ONLY on Genuine ThunderBolt Cables connecting to a Genuine ThunderBolt device [dock or display] as the first device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 9:41 AM in response to NCRobNic

The MacBook Pro M1 'original' System-on-a-Chip with 13-in display issued in 2020 supports only ONE external display.

The MacBook Pro M1 PRO System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in issued in 2021 supports at most TWO external displays.,

The MacBook Pro M1 MAX System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in used in 2021 supports at most FOUR external displays.

The Mac supports Multi-Stream Transport (MST, multiple displays on one cable) with a maximum of TWO modest-sized displays ONLY on Genuine ThunderBolt Cables connecting to a Genuine ThunderBolt device [dock or display] as the first device.

Triple Monitor Docking Station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.