Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Truphone QUIT from Australia!!!!! There's no alternative service provider.

I bought my son an Apple Watch Cellular and been told Truphone provide service for him to have his own number without a phone. I called Truphone be told they won't provide such service for Australia anymore. I consulted all rest carriers Telstra/Voda/Optus, none of them provide similar service but have to sign a plan minimum $40/m and must have an iPhone sync with it. Which means extra $480+ an iPhone Cost. Can I return the watch and get refund!? Much much cheaper to buy android watch.

Set up cellular on Apple Watch – Apple Support (AU)

You can set up a cellular Apple Watch for a family member who doesn't have their own iPhone. If your mobile carrier supports the use of a managed Apple Watch, you're given the option to add the watch to your plan during setup. Look for the option to set up cellular, then follow the onscreen steps. If your service provider doesn't support it, you may be able to use an alternative service provider. 

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple (AU)

Family Setup

Compatible Models

Apple Watch Series 7 GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch Series 6 GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch SE GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular

Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular

Country or Region

Australia

Supported Carriers

Truphone

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 5:02 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2022 4:06 AM in response to Rudegar

I don't need refund from Truphone but need a service provider like Truphone. Your Apple support said unless the product not been used. If I don't use it how to pair and test truphone works?! Apple should change your ads/website immediately and stop fishing or cheating. Apple should also apologize for the user only need family member setup service. We felt been hooked up with arrogant Apple by those false information and paid for it!

Truphone QUIT from Australia!!!!! There's no alternative service provider.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.