Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send or receive SMS/MMS on iPhone 11 or MBP (2017)

Recently I updated my iPhone 11 to 15.4.1 and it has been working fine without any hiccups. I decided last night to update my MPB to Monterey as I needed an updated OS to support Node.js, but I digress. After updating, I thought it was fine, but this morning I found out I am unable to send or receive SMS/MMS. There would be times messages will send and receive, but majority of the time it fails to send. Most of the time I get the green progress bar on the top, but to no avail.

I reset my network on my iPhone and it worked for a good 10 minutes, and then it stopped. I reset both my laptop & phone in hopes that would fix the problem, but it did not. I do not believe it is my carrier issue as I can make and receive phone calls. I have all the settings on my iPhone to forward texts over to my laptop as well so that ticks off the general troubleshooting I found from previous threads & Googling.

I am not sure how to fix this issue and I hope somebody has had this same problem & fixed it. I reached out to Apple Support and the person was not any help other than telling me "iMessage and SMS/MMS are different," yes I am well aware of that, but that does not fix my problem.

Hopefully, someone out there has an answer because I've exhausted all my options and this is very frustrating.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 12:14 PM

Since you are having problems on the iPhone I would post in that forum. Once you get it working reliably on the iPhone then you can come back here if you can't get SMS/MMS to work on the Mac.

Have you contacted yur phone carrier? Maybe a problem on their side.

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot send or receive SMS/MMS on iPhone 11 or MBP (2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.