Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transitions in Final Cut Pro

My fade to black/colour transition & disolve transitions have stopped working ??

any advice most welcome

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 4:33 PM

In 10.6.2 you can no longer drag and drop transitions from the Transitions browser to connected clips, nor to replace a transition in the primary storyline. To apply a transition select the clip or edit point you want to add the transition to, then double click the transition in the browser that you want to add to the project. 

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 4:33 PM in response to omichaelt

In 10.6.2 you can no longer drag and drop transitions from the Transitions browser to connected clips, nor to replace a transition in the primary storyline. To apply a transition select the clip or edit point you want to add the transition to, then double click the transition in the browser that you want to add to the project. 

Apr 27, 2022 6:18 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I'm sure it will be the issue with drag and drop. I have expressed some surprise at some responses here to this issue in 10.6.2. Apple clearly state in their guidance that drag and drop is an approved method of applying a transition yet some responses here have expressed a degree of surprise that anyone would be using it.

I keep seeing posts mildly suggesting Apple have discontinued this feature but I'm sure they have not! No doubt we will discover the answer when we see 10.6.3!

Out of interest yesterday I completely removed Chrome and Keystone elements from one machine and left them on another. There were no changes to the functionality of drag and drop with regard to transitions.

Apr 27, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Ian R. Brown wrote:

Both of the transitions mentioned can be dragged and dropped in my FCP 10.6.2 but I am still on Big Sur.

Ian

Transitions can be dragged to clips in the primary storyline.

Are you also able to drag transitions to connected clips, or to replace already existing transitions?

Neither of those are working, AFAICT, in 10.6.2. If you confirm it works in Big Sur this is a valuable piece of information, but I don't think that is the case. Can you please check?

Transitions in Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.