You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimum Age to Use Apple Pay in Singapore

Been reading up various threads and all points to 13 being the minimum age to use Apple Pay.

However, I kept getting the error "payment cards are not supported for this account" whenever I try to add a card to my 13+ year old son's wallet (can't even get to the step to enter card details).

Is there a different age requirement in Singapore?

Thanks for the help!

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 6:17 AM

Set up Apple Pay says If you're under the age of 13, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

However, like you, I can't find a comment about which countries this might be. Perhaps you could ask Apple Support.

Be sure also that the card you are attempting to add to his wallet is a local card and not from another territory. It must be from one of the following Singapore banks, according to the list in Apple Pay participating banks and card issuers in Asia-Pacific

• American Express*
  • Citibank (Mastercard and Visa credit cards, Mastercard debit cards)
  • DBS (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • HSBC (Mastercard and Visa credit cards, Visa debit cards)
  • OCBC (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • POSB (Mastercard credit and debit cards)
  • Singtel (Visa Prepaid Card)
  • Standard Chartered Bank (Mastercard credit and debit cards, Visa credit cards)
  • United Overseas Bank (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • Wise

*Bank-issued American Express cards aren't supported.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2022 6:17 AM in response to illumine7

Set up Apple Pay says If you're under the age of 13, Apple Pay isn't available and you can't add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.

However, like you, I can't find a comment about which countries this might be. Perhaps you could ask Apple Support.

Be sure also that the card you are attempting to add to his wallet is a local card and not from another territory. It must be from one of the following Singapore banks, according to the list in Apple Pay participating banks and card issuers in Asia-Pacific

• American Express*
  • Citibank (Mastercard and Visa credit cards, Mastercard debit cards)
  • DBS (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • HSBC (Mastercard and Visa credit cards, Visa debit cards)
  • OCBC (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • POSB (Mastercard credit and debit cards)
  • Singtel (Visa Prepaid Card)
  • Standard Chartered Bank (Mastercard credit and debit cards, Visa credit cards)
  • United Overseas Bank (Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards)
  • Wise

*Bank-issued American Express cards aren't supported.

Minimum Age to Use Apple Pay in Singapore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.