Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant Hung at "Transferring Your Information" "Starting up..." screen - progress bar complete

I've seen several posts relating to similar situations (with inconclusive answers). However, the symptoms that I'm having are slightly different. The time machine restore occurred overnight and seemed to have progressed fine. It is from a USB connected backup to an SSD internal drive. The screen is as described in the subject line. But my screen doesn't have a "back" button as others have described. Just "Transferring Your Information" as the title, an iMac icon in the middle with the description "This Mac" and a progress bar that is all blue with the description "Starting up...". It has been in this state for at least 4 hours. I'm hesitant to force a restart.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 11:21 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 27, 2022 11:53 AM in response to winterr

You are leaving out some very critical context such as what exactly are you trying to achieve. If you want to migrate from an older Mac to a new Mac and are using the older Mac's Time Machine backup EHD to migrate please state that. If you are trying to do something else, please write clearly so we understand what you are attempting to achieve.

Apr 27, 2022 1:46 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Good point. I replaced my failed disk with an SSD and set up the OS on it. So same hardware. I'm restoring from a recent Time Machine backup from a USB connected drive. The iMac is a Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 model. I did use Internet recovery mode and it installed Yosemite. I was assuming that the time machine restore would lay down Big Sur. But perhaps the old Yosemite version of Time Machine has a bug?

Migration Assistant Hung at "Transferring Your Information" "Starting up..." screen - progress bar complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.