Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is error 54?

Whenever I sync my phone to iTunes I always get error -54 and I’m not sure what it means because it happens when I update my phone with music or if I’m just backing up and syncing the phone

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:37 PM

Rickkyrozayy wrote:

Whenever I sync my phone to iTunes I always get error -54 and I’m not sure what it means because it happens when I update my phone with music or if I’m just backing up and syncing the phone

Here is an Apple Support document for this problem: If you see error -54 when you sync with your computer - Apple Support

This can happen if a file on your computer or iOS or iPadOS device is locked. Click OK to continue the sync.

If your content doesn't sync, here's what to do:
Restart your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device.

If you're using iTunes on macOS Mojave or earlier or on a PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and the latest software updates for your device.

And if that doesn't work, the support document has some additional troubleshooting steps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 12:37 PM in response to Rickkyrozayy

Rickkyrozayy wrote:

Here is an Apple Support document for this problem: If you see error -54 when you sync with your computer - Apple Support

This can happen if a file on your computer or iOS or iPadOS device is locked. Click OK to continue the sync.

If your content doesn't sync, here's what to do:
Restart your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device.

If you're using iTunes on macOS Mojave or earlier or on a PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and the latest software updates for your device.

And if that doesn't work, the support document has some additional troubleshooting steps.

What is error 54?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.