Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chiming Macbook Pro

Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - running Monterey Version 12.3.1

The chime is driving me crazy. If I turn down the sound, I don't hear the instructional videos I play. So is that what my choice is? If I don't want to hear the darned chime, I can't listen to YouTube videos?

I've Googled it - I've turned down the sound according to what I've read - but it's not a perfect fix.

VERY frustrating. There seems to be no rhyme or reason - I'm not doing anything at all with the keyboard, just watching and I heard "CHIME!!!!! CHIME!!!!! CHIME!!!!!!"

There has to be an answer. What the heck is the laptop alerting me to????? If I knew, maybe I could turn off alerts to that particular thing?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 8:36 PM

jegreenfield Said:

"Chiming Macbook Pro: Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - running Monterey Version 12.3.1 The chime is driving me crazy [...] There has to be an answer. What the heck is the laptop alerting me to????? If I knew, maybe I could turn off alerts to that particular thing?"

-------

Troubleshooting Chime:

Try the Following:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Sound
  3. Click: Sound Effects
  4. Uncheck:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 8:36 PM in response to jegreenfield

jegreenfield Said:

"Chiming Macbook Pro: Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - running Monterey Version 12.3.1 The chime is driving me crazy [...] There has to be an answer. What the heck is the laptop alerting me to????? If I knew, maybe I could turn off alerts to that particular thing?"

-------

Troubleshooting Chime:

Try the Following:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Sound
  3. Click: Sound Effects
  4. Uncheck:

Chiming Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.