Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch no longer records distance on my outdoor cycles.

My watch used to record distance on my outdoor cycles, but doesn't currently. Do I have a setting wrong?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:44 AM

Hey there rolandfromalbuquerque,

The directions given in the Apple Support Communities post linked below should help with this issue!

Just in case, here are the instructions:

On the iPhone, please go to > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Motion Calibration & Distance, and make sure that's enabled. More about that under the "Check your settings" part of this link: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Please also go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Privacy > Fitness Tracking, and make sure that's turned on as well. More about tracking workouts here: Track workouts and stay healthy with Apple Watch
Review the Date & Time settings on the iPhone, and let us know if "Set Automatically" is enabled. This page explains how to check: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

Outdoor cycle on apple watch not recordin… - Apple Community

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 8:44 AM in response to rolandfromalbuquerque

Hey there rolandfromalbuquerque,

The directions given in the Apple Support Communities post linked below should help with this issue!

Just in case, here are the instructions:

On the iPhone, please go to > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Motion Calibration & Distance, and make sure that's enabled. More about that under the "Check your settings" part of this link: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Please also go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Privacy > Fitness Tracking, and make sure that's turned on as well. More about tracking workouts here: Track workouts and stay healthy with Apple Watch
Review the Date & Time settings on the iPhone, and let us know if "Set Automatically" is enabled. This page explains how to check: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

Outdoor cycle on apple watch not recordin… - Apple Community

Take care!

Apple Watch no longer records distance on my outdoor cycles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.