Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share iPad screen on Mac?

Hi,

I would like to share my iPad air 4 screen with my Mac mini 2018, that is, I want to be able the content of the iPad screen on my Mac screen, the reason is I want to be able to use my iPad and apple pencil to sketch / mark up and use my big screen as a display.

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:26 AM

You can use QuickTime Player while your iPad is connected to your Mac mini via USB-C. Just select New Movie Recording from QT's File menu and select your iPad as the camera source. Don't actually record, just use QuickTime Player to view your interactions with the iPad. The iPad can be turned either horizontally or vertically.

With the monitor in horizontal orientation:

With the monitor in vertical orientation and QuickTime Player in fullscreen mode (menubar not hidden):

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.4.1, Mac mini (2018), macOS Monterey 12.3.1, LG 27UK850 monitor

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 9:26 AM in response to AC-NSW

You can use QuickTime Player while your iPad is connected to your Mac mini via USB-C. Just select New Movie Recording from QT's File menu and select your iPad as the camera source. Don't actually record, just use QuickTime Player to view your interactions with the iPad. The iPad can be turned either horizontally or vertically.

With the monitor in horizontal orientation:

With the monitor in vertical orientation and QuickTime Player in fullscreen mode (menubar not hidden):

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.4.1, Mac mini (2018), macOS Monterey 12.3.1, LG 27UK850 monitor

How can I share iPad screen on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.