Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is not loading some websites

MacPro, Monterey, Safari 15.4: today some websites I use frequently are not loading properly with Safari. The top page shows up, but when I click to do more, I get a "web site failed to load" message (or thereabouts).

I can access the same websites successfully from my iPhone and, on my desktop machine, with Chrome.

What's up?

Mac Pro, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:28 AM

I am also having this issue and it just started a couple of days ago. The browser is up to date. Noting seems to fix the issue. I did not change any settings or anything, so why would Costco.com load on Tuesday and not on Wednesday morning?

Safari just hangs there, not loading anything. As I type this, it has been there for 30 minutes. Okay, so maybe its the website. So I try google.

Just hangs there. There is not even a gateway timeout page!

When I open chrome and try these sites, they load in the blink of an eye. No issues. What could be wrong with safari?

This is what I have tried:

Restart safari

Restart mac

Reload page

I cannot hard refresh the page, because it won't even load. Note that it is several sites and sometimes even the discussions.apple.com site.

Turned off extensions (why would they work yesterday and not today?)

Tested with private window

Cleared all history

Cleared all cache - this is the most fun. Now I have to two-factor authenticate all my fav sites all over again.

All software is up to date

Nothing was installed or updated since the issue's onset

Has anyone else had this issue recently? Is there a fix or do I need to move to chrome?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 5:28 AM in response to tygb

I am also having this issue and it just started a couple of days ago. The browser is up to date. Noting seems to fix the issue. I did not change any settings or anything, so why would Costco.com load on Tuesday and not on Wednesday morning?

Safari just hangs there, not loading anything. As I type this, it has been there for 30 minutes. Okay, so maybe its the website. So I try google.

Just hangs there. There is not even a gateway timeout page!

When I open chrome and try these sites, they load in the blink of an eye. No issues. What could be wrong with safari?

This is what I have tried:

Restart safari

Restart mac

Reload page

I cannot hard refresh the page, because it won't even load. Note that it is several sites and sometimes even the discussions.apple.com site.

Turned off extensions (why would they work yesterday and not today?)

Tested with private window

Cleared all history

Cleared all cache - this is the most fun. Now I have to two-factor authenticate all my fav sites all over again.

All software is up to date

Nothing was installed or updated since the issue's onset

Has anyone else had this issue recently? Is there a fix or do I need to move to chrome?

Safari is not loading some websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.