You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple I-mac 2007 turning on with a grey screen and then turns blank after 2-3 secs

This morning when I tried to turn on my Imac 2007, it turns on with a grey screen and then after a second or 2, it just turns black. Nothing works. Even restarted several times but to no avail. I can hear error noises when I press a key on keyboard, but the screen doesn't show up. So, I guess it might be a screen problem? Do I have to replace the whole screen, or is there a fix without having to replace the screen?

Kindly help me out, I have lots of important data inside it and I don't wanna lose it.

Thank you

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:59 AM

I'm afraid, the next step would be to visit an Authorised Apple Service Provider and let them diagnose the iMac.

Use this link to find one next to your place:

Apple - Find Locations

Any chance you could connect a second monitor to your iMac, to see if it is "just" the display?

9 replies

Apple I-mac 2007 turning on with a grey screen and then turns blank after 2-3 secs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.