Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating keyboard shortcuts in the Shortcuts app?

I'm a new user of Apple's Shortcuts app on my new iMac OS 12.3.1

I'm having difficulty creating a few simple keyboard shortcuts.

For example, I was successful in creating a custom keyboard shortcut for the Date by using "Command D"

However, when I attempt to create a keyboard shortcut for Time, it will not allow me to use "Command T"

My question is:

What keys/letters are (or are not) permitted to be used in creating keyboard shortcuts?

Is there a list somewhere?

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 6:34 AM

8 replies

Apr 29, 2022 7:22 AM in response to larrybobba

larrybobba wrote:

I'm a new user of Apple's Shortcuts app on my new iMac OS 12.3.1

I'm having difficulty creating a few simple keyboard shortcuts.

For example, I was successful in creating a custom keyboard shortcut for the Date by using "Command D"

However, when I attempt to create a keyboard shortcut for Time, it will not allow me to use "Command T"

My question is:
What keys/letters are (or are not) permitted to be used in creating keyboard shortcuts?
Is there a list somewhere?

Thank you.

Are you referring to >System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts...(?)

Create keyboard shortcuts for apps on Mac - Apple Support

other possibilities

Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

third party

Karabiner-Elements

https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

Apr 29, 2022 7:56 AM in response to larrybobba

Not unlike the older Automator solutions, Shortcuts don't assign keyboard shortcuts, but rather, depending on if it is a Shortcuts Quick Action, then after it is completed and working, then you assign a non-conflicting keyboard shortcut to that Shortcuts Quick Action via System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services panel.

Creating keyboard shortcuts in the Shortcuts app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.