Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full then not full -help!!

how can you fix storage going from full to empty every other day or even within minutes? I have deleted some large file attachment recommendations and it will go from using 251gb out of 255gb (full) then to 20gb out if 255gb used (not full). I have also deleted photos and try to keep up with email (since I just added new work email.)

also, what is low disc space? Suddenly I have awful photos and unable to upload anything..

Restarted phone just to try anything..

please help.

(Storage full and empty within 30 minutes.)

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 11:51 AM

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Try to free up iPhone device storage see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 11:51 AM in response to malvadelato2018

Try first to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Try to free up iPhone device storage see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 29, 2022 1:04 PM in response to malvadelato2018

The Purple bar -> Media, can be related to such as Podcasts, attachment(s) in Messages, GIFs, Sticker, Photos, Videos, Movies and iTunes.

Going up and down from storage may have to do with the daily things you do on the iPhone. Receive messages with attachments, for example, or delete things.

See also -> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 29, 2022 12:13 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you !! I think I have tried some of this and will review some of your links again. Just not sure how it goes back and forth from full to empty. Just started happening this week.

the purple bar said “Media” but I’ve had less photos in my phone EVER. Also keep deleting new “attachments” it recommends daily now.

I’ll keep trying but May have to book appt to check out phone :/

Storage full then not full -help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.