Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch my photos to my iCloud so I have more space on my phone

It made me upgrade my iCloud for storage so how do I switch my Photos off my device to my iCloud so I have space on my advice and I can use it

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:34 PM

You can’t switch photos to iCloud because iCloud is a syncing service, so it always mirrors what is on your phone and other devices that sync to iCloud. However, you can sync photos to iCloud, then turn on Optimize Photos on your phone, which will convert the photos on your phone to a smaller, lower resolution versions that take up less space but still keep the full resolution in iCloud.

Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and turn on Photos, then wait for the sync to complete with your phone connected to Wi-Fi and plugged in. Once the sync is done go to Settings/Photos and turn on Optimize iPhone Storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:34 PM in response to Linzykay

You can’t switch photos to iCloud because iCloud is a syncing service, so it always mirrors what is on your phone and other devices that sync to iCloud. However, you can sync photos to iCloud, then turn on Optimize Photos on your phone, which will convert the photos on your phone to a smaller, lower resolution versions that take up less space but still keep the full resolution in iCloud.

Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and turn on Photos, then wait for the sync to complete with your phone connected to Wi-Fi and plugged in. Once the sync is done go to Settings/Photos and turn on Optimize iPhone Storage.

How do I switch my photos to my iCloud so I have more space on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.