Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printers

I need a new printer/scanner compatible with my new MacBook Pro 14". Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 4:29 AM

Hi,

There are so many models to choose from, and we do not know your exact requirements. Colour or monochrome? Laser or inkjet? Network or USB-only? Et cetera, et cetera.

I would suggest that you take a look at the About AirPrint - Apple Support article. Printer models with support for the driverless AirPrint technology are listed. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, without the need for additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi-router). Also, an AirPrint printer can be used with an iPhone/iPad without extra apps.

Next, study (for example) the Brother, Canon, Epson, and HP web sites in order to find a suitable printer.

By the way, if you experience difficulties with your MacBook Pro and an existing printer, you could perhaps post the exact make and model. One should not rule out that there may be a solution or workaround.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 4:29 AM in response to JZTX

Hi,

There are so many models to choose from, and we do not know your exact requirements. Colour or monochrome? Laser or inkjet? Network or USB-only? Et cetera, et cetera.

I would suggest that you take a look at the About AirPrint - Apple Support article. Printer models with support for the driverless AirPrint technology are listed. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, without the need for additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi-router). Also, an AirPrint printer can be used with an iPhone/iPad without extra apps.

Next, study (for example) the Brother, Canon, Epson, and HP web sites in order to find a suitable printer.

By the way, if you experience difficulties with your MacBook Pro and an existing printer, you could perhaps post the exact make and model. One should not rule out that there may be a solution or workaround.

Good luck!

Printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.