Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods starts to charge at 78 in case when empty. How to fix? Reset didn’t work.

I am trying to calibrate my AirPods to make them read battery more accurate. I drained them overnight and put them in the case but when I do that the battery reports back at 78-80 percent even though it’s been about 10 seconds. When I try to calibrate my gen 2 AirPods they start off at zero percent but when I try to calibrate my gen 1 AirPods they start off at unusually high percentages. How can I go about fixing this? I have already tried factory resetting and pairing and unpairing.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:21 PM

jimmysofat6864 Said:

"AirPods starts to charge at 78 in case when empty. How to fix? Reset didn’t work."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power Draining:

A. Start with a Reset:

Rather than factory resetting these, try just resetting these...

Go Here: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 9:21 PM in response to jimmysofat6864

jimmysofat6864 Said:

"AirPods starts to charge at 78 in case when empty. How to fix? Reset didn’t work."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Power Draining:

A. Start with a Reset:

Rather than factory resetting these, try just resetting these...

Go Here: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

B. A Few Links to Visit:

C. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

AirPods starts to charge at 78 in case when empty. How to fix? Reset didn’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.