Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 Static/White Noise when Recording a Video

My blue iPhone 13 makes a loud static noise when recording a video. Other posts have been made about this but they have not been resolved. I have tried all of the steps listed in other posts, but it's still doing the same thing. It does it with our without a case on, with the volume high or the volume low, and in loud and quiet environments. It does it roughly 80% of the time I try and record a video. Oddly enough, there's no issue with the phone calls or the voice memos app. It appears to be isolated to recording videos.

Is there something else to adjust? It's extremely annoying and ruins videos. Please advise.

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 7:22 PM

I found a solution. In camera settings, toggle off the setting to record in stereo. Thanks to Geek Naren! https://youtu.be/QgxViasTjqs

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 5, 2022 10:04 PM in response to Pappy_Wilz

This is a great tip, thanks for sharing that video! Unfortunately it solved the problem for only 1 - 2 videos and then the problem came back, but even worse. Sounds like you’re standing directly under a water fall. WAY louder than it had been before. Thanks for trying to solve this solution!

Also the sound shown in the referenced YouTube video was much different than the one I am having.

Apr 30, 2022 4:10 PM in response to kdhardy

Hey kdhardy,

You completed some great troubleshooting and does sound as if you have narrowed it down to a microphone. Is this only happening when recording using the rear camera? If so, check the rear microphone is free from dirt and debris as that can cause sound issues: Cleaning your iPhone

Also be sure you're not blocking the back microphone when recording, or possibly brushing it with your fingertips.

Keep us posted.

Take care.

Iphone 13 Static/White Noise when Recording a Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.