Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff / transfer phone calls between iPhone and Mac

Hello - I've got handoff working well between my iPhone 13 and my MacBook Pro. All the apps work. I also have wifi calling enabled for my phone number and working on the Mac. However there is one thing I can't figure out.

If I start a phone call on Mac using the face time app, and then want to leave my desk and transfer it to the iPhone, I can swipe up on the iPhone screen and see the call, tap it, and it will transfer. However, I can't figure out how to do it in the opposite direction. Meaning when I'm on the phone and I sit down at my desk, I don't seem to have an option to transfer the phone call to my computer. No icons or anything appear.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 4:54 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 30, 2022 4:41 PM in response to MadParty

Hi MadParty,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

To get that FaceTime call handed off from your iPhone to your Mac, make sure you have enabled "Allow phone calls on your other devices" from iPhone:

"You first set up your iPhone, and then set up your other devices.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings  > Cellular.
  2. If your iPhone has Dual SIM, choose a line (below Cellular Plans).
  3. Do any of the following:
  • Tap Calls on Other Devices, turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices, then choose the devices on which you’d like to make and receive calls.
  • Tap Wi-Fi Calling, then turn on Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices.
    • This allows other devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID to make and receive calls even when your iPhone isn’t nearby.

On your other devices, do the following:

On your iPad or iPod touch: Go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on FaceTime and Calls from iPhone. If you’re asked, turn on Wi-Fi Calling.

On your Mac: Open FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences > Settings, then select Calls from iPhone. If an Upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling button appears, click it, then follow the instructions."

Allow phone calls on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Handoff / transfer phone calls between iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.