Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone microphone not working

Hello,

I was using my iPhone XR today, and I realized that there are some issues with it. I cannot use the phone app. It works on speaker, but it doesn't work normally.

Before anyone recommends the troubleshooting steps, I have already done them. I tested it with memos, videos from both cameras and all that. I know it's not the issue of the microphone because it works perfectly on applications such as Messenger, where there is no difference. It is only the phone app, particularly when I don't use the 'speaker' option where it just stops working, and has that static type noise. You can only hear me when I talk while basically kissing the bottom of the phone.

Is this a hardware issue I am completely unaware of, or is it some kind of software one? Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 6:24 PM

I know you ran the tests, so with that, you need to understand that the only option that I can suggest is to get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

Need more help?

Similar questions

1 reply

Iphone microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.