Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All devices are "No Response" in HomeKit

Sometime today, HomeKit came to a stop for all non-apple devices in the HomeKit app. Every device says "No Response" except Apple devices (homepods/appleTvs). Everything else whether connected directly to HomeKit through wifi or through a hub (Hue) is unresponsive. I've rebooted everything already and nothing comes up working. I have no idea how to even go about troubleshooting this, minus doing a full HomeKit wipe-out and deleting the entire home and then setting it back up which is absolutely bogus that I have to even consider that.

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 4:58 AM

I have multiple hubs including 4 HomePods, 1 HomePod mini, and 3 Apple TVs. Unfortunately, adding the last appleTV into my ecosystem (which had my previous HomeKit Home on it still) corrupted my HomeKit setup when it was trying to merge homes and it totally destroyed my set up. This required me removing and adding over 70+ of my devices which is absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for since you guys dont provide a way to roll-back my iCloud HomeKit backups. Once the new appleTV corrupted everything because it couldn't merge properly, it was too late and it destroyed everything.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 4:58 AM in response to kamote0628

I have multiple hubs including 4 HomePods, 1 HomePod mini, and 3 Apple TVs. Unfortunately, adding the last appleTV into my ecosystem (which had my previous HomeKit Home on it still) corrupted my HomeKit setup when it was trying to merge homes and it totally destroyed my set up. This required me removing and adding over 70+ of my devices which is absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for since you guys dont provide a way to roll-back my iCloud HomeKit backups. Once the new appleTV corrupted everything because it couldn't merge properly, it was too late and it destroyed everything.

Apr 30, 2022 4:44 PM in response to mugbear

Hi mugbear, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues with third-party accessories that are in your HomeKit.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Are you using a HomePod, a HomePod mini, or Apple TV as a home hub?

Is the home hub up to date?

In the meantime, we recommend that you remove an affected accessory, then set it up again.

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Jul 4, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Mushtola

Sorry, forgot to say, no I didn’t get a response

Thread is rock solid and Apple is fully supporting Thread, along with Matter in due course - HomePod mini and Apple TV latest gen were one of the first devices / hubs to support Thread - and Thread is part of Matter - IoT / smart home devices will be moving away from WiFi and Bluetooth somewhat - with the exception of high data devices such as cameras etc

I’m not looking back…

All devices are "No Response" in HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.