Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why on earth would apple remove the best feature from the MacBook Pro aka the touchbar

my new MacBook Pro doesn’t have a touchbar

why?

I was always a big fan of the touchbar and there was no reason for apple to remove it.

This is one of the worst decisions that apple has made

giordan MACHINTOSH PRO 16" 2021, MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:49 PM

"Why" questions can't really be answered here. This is a user to user only forum. No one from Apple is here. No one from Apple will respond. Just other users.

If one were to guess why however, it wasn't particularly popular among users and reviewers alike. Apple does listen to comments and feedback from customers and reviewers as well.

Suffice to say, Apple felt there was more reason to remove the touch bar than to keep using something many disliked - a LOT.

Fee free to let Apple know your thoughts using this link --> Feedback - MacBook - Apple

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 8:49 PM in response to NightRaven69

"Why" questions can't really be answered here. This is a user to user only forum. No one from Apple is here. No one from Apple will respond. Just other users.

If one were to guess why however, it wasn't particularly popular among users and reviewers alike. Apple does listen to comments and feedback from customers and reviewers as well.

Suffice to say, Apple felt there was more reason to remove the touch bar than to keep using something many disliked - a LOT.

Fee free to let Apple know your thoughts using this link --> Feedback - MacBook - Apple

Apr 29, 2022 10:29 PM in response to NightRaven69

Apple hasn't removed it at all, it's now a choice you make at time of purchase. Buy it if you wish, don't buy it if you wish that. Choices are neat; not to mention potentially saving a precious dollar or three.

I never cared for the Touch Bar so I elected not to buy it. My wife thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread ... choices ya see.

Apr 30, 2022 5:18 AM in response to ku4hx

ku4hx wrote:

Apple hasn't removed it at all, it's now a choice you make at time of purchase. Buy it if you wish, don't buy it if you wish that. Choices are neat; not to mention potentially saving a precious dollar or three.

I never cared for the Touch Bar so I elected not to buy it. My wife thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread ... choices ya see.

I'm confused by your assertion Apple hasn't removed the touch bar at all? The OP laments it's not on MacBook Pro. And OP is correct. It is no longer an option on current model MacBook Pro's sold by Apple.

Why on earth would apple remove the best feature from the MacBook Pro aka the touchbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.