Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to sign in to iCloud in my macOs High Sierra with my Apple ID but doesn't work.

Why can't I sign in to iCloud with my Apple ID ?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:35 PM

Your footer here shows macOS Big Sur, so I’ll assume this is a different Mac.

Reboot the problem Mac, and try again.

Reboot into Safe Mode and try again.

If there’s a VPN client app or add-on security app installed, disable and remove all that per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

If the Mac supports something newer than macOS 10.13, consider an upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 7:35 PM in response to nelia68

Your footer here shows macOS Big Sur, so I’ll assume this is a different Mac.

Reboot the problem Mac, and try again.

Reboot into Safe Mode and try again.

If there’s a VPN client app or add-on security app installed, disable and remove all that per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

If the Mac supports something newer than macOS 10.13, consider an upgrade.

Apr 29, 2022 7:35 PM in response to nelia68

nelia68 Said:

"Why can't I sign in to iCloud with my Apple ID ?"

------

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

Is this a Used Device?

If you are unable to log into your Apple ID on a used device, then it seems you have been scammed. Though a full-assumption on my part.

So, what to do:

Have the Seller Sign Out of it: 

This is a theft deterrent. Only the person currently signed in to the iPad can sign out of it. So, have them sign out of iCloud on it. If need be, send it back to them, having then sign out of it. This is the site they should have used prior to handing it over to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I'm trying to sign in to iCloud in my macOs High Sierra with my Apple ID but doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.