Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iCloud backup before restoring iPhone save all my photos, apps, data and settings?

My iPhone stopped automatically uploading photos to my iMac (My Photo Stream is turned on, iCloud Photos is not), and it will no longer sync with my iMac's music library.

Now when I connect my iPhone to my iMac via cable all I get is a button to "Restore iPhone..."

If I do an iCloud backup and then restore my iPhone will the iCloud backup transfer everything from my iPhone?

BTW, I'm not sure how, or when, my iPhone was renamed "iPhone (3)". I only have this one.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 5:11 PM

Hello Paul,

An iCloud backup will contain any data not already stored in iCloud. More details about iCloud backups can be found here: What does iCloud back up?

In regard to your iPhone name, you should be able to rename by tapping Settings > General > About > Name, as shown here: Change the name of your iPhone

You mention your iMac and iPhone no longer syncing photos and your music library. Have you checked the iCloud settings to make sure all is set up to sync as expected? These guides will help:

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Access your music library on all your devices

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 5:11 PM in response to Paul Sedovic

Hello Paul,

An iCloud backup will contain any data not already stored in iCloud. More details about iCloud backups can be found here: What does iCloud back up?

In regard to your iPhone name, you should be able to rename by tapping Settings > General > About > Name, as shown here: Change the name of your iPhone

You mention your iMac and iPhone no longer syncing photos and your music library. Have you checked the iCloud settings to make sure all is set up to sync as expected? These guides will help:

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Access your music library on all your devices

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Will iCloud backup before restoring iPhone save all my photos, apps, data and settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.