Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse scroll stops working abruptly

As the subject is saying - while I'm using my mouse(Logitech MX Anywhere 2) at some point the mouse wheel stops working. I can scroll with the touchpad though.

2/3 of the times it fixes itself when I turn off&on the mouse, but 1/3 doesn't and it needs a whole system reboot to do so.

I've tried re-installing the software that comes with it(Logi Options), tried "forgetting" it from the Bluetooth preferences, installed newest MacOS.... nothing seems to fix it.

Does someone have similar or same issue?

I'm running latest software - 12.3.1 on MBP 16" M1 Pro. Didn't have this issue with same mouse on MBP 13" M1.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 9:35 AM

Hi,

Just now I found the problem and the fix.

For some reason, in System preferences -> Security&Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility - the Logitech software wasn't allowed. When I allowed it - my mouse magically regain its scroll functionality.

I don't know how was it working before that but I'm grateful that I found it because it really frustrated me.

Thanks for the help.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 9:35 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hi,

Just now I found the problem and the fix.

For some reason, in System preferences -> Security&Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility - the Logitech software wasn't allowed. When I allowed it - my mouse magically regain its scroll functionality.

I don't know how was it working before that but I'm grateful that I found it because it really frustrated me.

Thanks for the help.

May 1, 2022 7:49 AM in response to bolamach

Hello bolamach,

We understand that your Logitech mouse is working intermittently on your one MacBook Pro but not another one. Could you load to safe mode on your MacBook Pro? We can use that to test the behavior and see what might be influencing this. To access safe mode for an M1 Mac:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Let us know how the mouse behaves.

Thanks!

Mouse scroll stops working abruptly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.