Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove photos from Mac

What do I need to do to remove my photos from my Mac?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 1:26 AM

Hi.

First of all - are you sure? Are you really sure? (sorry - we get so many people here asking how to get their photos back when they've deleted them). Also be aware. If you are using Icloud and you delete them from your mac they will also be deleted from your phone and vice versa.

The answer is - it depends where you've stored them. If they are in the photos app (I'm going to assume that is where they are, because you are asking in the photos app forum), then it is easy.

* Go to the photos library top left of photos (you know, where all the thumbnails of all your photos are kept.

* CMD-A (to select all of them)

* Right click, or CTRL click, or double tap, and select delete.

* Click Delete in the confirmation box.

They are now deleted. Almost. In fact they have been put in the recently deleted folder, where they will stay for 30 days until they are permanently deleted. If you want to permanently delete them now...

Again, are you really really sure?

* click on the Recently Deleted album.

* CMD-A to select all

* Click the Delete button

* Click Delete on the confirmation box.

They are gone now - you cannot get them back even if you change your mind.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 1:26 AM in response to kiszel81

Hi.

First of all - are you sure? Are you really sure? (sorry - we get so many people here asking how to get their photos back when they've deleted them). Also be aware. If you are using Icloud and you delete them from your mac they will also be deleted from your phone and vice versa.

The answer is - it depends where you've stored them. If they are in the photos app (I'm going to assume that is where they are, because you are asking in the photos app forum), then it is easy.

* Go to the photos library top left of photos (you know, where all the thumbnails of all your photos are kept.

* CMD-A (to select all of them)

* Right click, or CTRL click, or double tap, and select delete.

* Click Delete in the confirmation box.

They are now deleted. Almost. In fact they have been put in the recently deleted folder, where they will stay for 30 days until they are permanently deleted. If you want to permanently delete them now...

Again, are you really really sure?

* click on the Recently Deleted album.

* CMD-A to select all

* Click the Delete button

* Click Delete on the confirmation box.

They are gone now - you cannot get them back even if you change your mind.

How to remove photos from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.