Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cd player - device not found

Hi I have a 2011 15" Macbook pro running on High Sierra 10.13.6 . I haven't used the internal cd player for some time. I tried it today and nothing, cd will not load - no sounds when inserted. When i look in systems under disk burning it says no device found! Can anyone help

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 4:29 AM

The drive is 11 years old, if not older, and problems are not surprising at this point.

External optical drives are cheap and plentiful. I'm sure some of them are Mac compatible. We use Apple SuperDrives, but they do cost a bit more than run-of-mill 3rd party drives.

When connected directly to the Mac, the SuperDrive works very well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 4:29 AM in response to malcolm from yorkshire

The drive is 11 years old, if not older, and problems are not surprising at this point.

External optical drives are cheap and plentiful. I'm sure some of them are Mac compatible. We use Apple SuperDrives, but they do cost a bit more than run-of-mill 3rd party drives.

When connected directly to the Mac, the SuperDrive works very well.

cd player - device not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.