Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XQD card reader not working on my MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016

I have a camera which only uses the XQD memory card. I purchased 5 different XQD card readers that are compatible with my Mac (USB-C) port. When I insert them into the mac, it does not recognize it or even load it. I tried opening up image capture to see if it would recognize it there and it does not. I tried doing it on my friends laptop to see if that was the issue and it does not work on her mac either. windows laptops it seems to be okay but mac laptops seem to not recognize the XQD card or reader.

It is frustrating because I have thousands of photos that I can not get off my memory card. regular SD cards work but unfortunately as I said earlier, my Nikon camera does not take SD memory cards, only XQD memory card. Is there something I am doing wrong?

One thing that works in the meantime is plugging my camera in directly to my laptop and transferring the photos over that way, but it takes a long time and it also means I am unable to use my camera while I wait hours for the photos to transfer over.

Any advice would help. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 4:24 AM

My suggestion is you use your Windows machine to get your files to a reliable external HDD and forget the card. Apparently it, and the reader, are just not going to work on a Mac.

You can keep on working on this, but the solution is right there before you.

Similar questions

2 replies

XQD card reader not working on my MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2016

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.