Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

European 20W apple charger is my model original?

Hello.
I bought an original apple 20w charger from an online store and I have doubts about the
 authenticity of the product. The serial number on the package is longer than on the 
charger and the words "Designed By Apple In California" I attach photos. 
I am asking you for your opinion and help. Thank you in advance.

Posted on May 1, 2022 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 10:00 AM

Hi novvy66,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! There are a few ways to determine if your cable is authentic.

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembled in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a 12-digit serial number at the end of this text.

To verify authenticity of your cable, check out the recommendations here: Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support. You can also visit a local Apple Store to have it inspected in person Apple Store - Find a Store.

Hope that helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 10:00 AM in response to novvy66

Hi novvy66,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! There are a few ways to determine if your cable is authentic.

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembled in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a 12-digit serial number at the end of this text.

To verify authenticity of your cable, check out the recommendations here: Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support. You can also visit a local Apple Store to have it inspected in person Apple Store - Find a Store.

Hope that helps!

European 20W apple charger is my model original?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.