Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and storage problems

I have upgraded my iCloud storage/capacity to 50GB still my phone is full (pictures and videos). I have iCloud on, so it should automatically sync and send my photos and videos (via Wi-Fi) to my iMac. But it doesn’t. My phone is full and no longer backs up. It’s so annoying. Do I have to do it manually with a cable eventhough all my equipments are connected to the same Wi-Fi? Why can’t Apple make it simple for customers? Help needed.

Posted on May 1, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:26 AM

Hello marcosevo,

This page here can help with ensuring iCloud Photos is set up on each device: Set up iCloud Photos on all your devices - Apple Support

Regarding your device's storage, this may differ depending on whether the "Download and Keep Originals" option is enabled, or if that's been switched to "Optimize (Device) Storage". Details on this can be found in the "If you need more device storage" section here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary.

If things are still uploading from the device, you may see a note or progress bar at the bottom of your library in the Photos app.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 9:26 AM in response to marcosevo

Hello marcosevo,

This page here can help with ensuring iCloud Photos is set up on each device: Set up iCloud Photos on all your devices - Apple Support

Regarding your device's storage, this may differ depending on whether the "Download and Keep Originals" option is enabled, or if that's been switched to "Optimize (Device) Storage". Details on this can be found in the "If you need more device storage" section here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary.

If things are still uploading from the device, you may see a note or progress bar at the bottom of your library in the Photos app.

Cheers.

iCloud and storage problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.