Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock an iPhone 5S to use as an iPod

I'm trying to restore basic iOS software on iPhone 5S since I don't have the unlock code. I've tried apple instructions to unlock to no avail. I want to use it to store music and use as an iPod that has no cellular or internet connection. There is no SIM card in it and I don't use it for anything else.

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 1, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 12:58 PM

If your device is disabled or you forgot your passcode, you will need to erase your device

Follow the steps in this article:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

If you have attempted to follow those steps but still haven't been able to get it to work, you might want contact apple for support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 12:58 PM in response to McHelpme

If your device is disabled or you forgot your passcode, you will need to erase your device

Follow the steps in this article:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

If you have attempted to follow those steps but still haven't been able to get it to work, you might want contact apple for support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Good luck!

Unlock an iPhone 5S to use as an iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.