Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac Photo

sine my mac updated to Monterey mac photos is not working properly I can import RAW images from my camera to my hard drive via photos, however i use photos to lightly edit my images if needs be. I am able to edit the images however it doesn't seem to save the edit sometimes it does then when i go to export them to upload to my photography page they revert back to the original un edited image.

i don't even think its saving the edit to my hard drive :(

does anyone know what's going on if its because of the recent software update or potentially something else??

much appreciated thank you

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 5:25 AM

That is very odd. The only thing similar I've heard recently is use of the re-touch tool not being exported.

The workaround for that was to export while in edit mode.

Can you try a non retouch edit, but make it excessive - eg contrast up to maxium, which should make a very noticable (and ugly :-) Change (you can always revert it afterwards).

Then trying to export that and see what happens.

If it still is not exporting then try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 5:25 AM in response to Leah_JadeSixx

That is very odd. The only thing similar I've heard recently is use of the re-touch tool not being exported.

The workaround for that was to export while in edit mode.

Can you try a non retouch edit, but make it excessive - eg contrast up to maxium, which should make a very noticable (and ugly :-) Change (you can always revert it afterwards).

Then trying to export that and see what happens.

If it still is not exporting then try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

May 3, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Leah_JadeSixx

Hi

That means the photos library is stored on the external hard drive.

We need to know what format the drive is. You can check that by slecting the drive in finder and opening the info pane (CMD-i)

It should be formatted APFS, or MacOS extended, and have the ignore ownership option checked. You also need to have the hard drive connected before you log on to your mac.

May 3, 2022 9:09 AM in response to Leah_JadeSixx

Can you tell us more about your Photos Library?

You wrote "I can import RAW images from my camera to my hard drive via photos". How are you importing? Is Photos copying the photos into the Photos Library on import or are the photos referenced in the original location? Is your Photos Library stored on your Pictures folder, or have you moved it to an external volume? Are you using iCloud Photos or are all photos stored locally?

mac Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.