Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos/icloud

Is there any way to access videos in photos app within the Mac after the 30 day deadline has passed to undo delete of iCloud photos?

I disabled I cloud photos and missed the deadline by a day

Posted on May 1, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 11:50 PM

Hi

Please can you clarify exactly what happened :

What do you mean by "disabled iCloud"?

Did you turn off iCloud on your mac, or did you cancel your iCloud plan. Nothing should be deleted in iCloud if you didn't delete them on your mac (while syncing with iCloud) or if you cancelled your plan.

If you disabled iCloud on your mac, why were the videos not already stored on your mac. Or did you delete items on your mac first?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 11:50 PM in response to 3m_

Hi

Please can you clarify exactly what happened :

What do you mean by "disabled iCloud"?

Did you turn off iCloud on your mac, or did you cancel your iCloud plan. Nothing should be deleted in iCloud if you didn't delete them on your mac (while syncing with iCloud) or if you cancelled your plan.

If you disabled iCloud on your mac, why were the videos not already stored on your mac. Or did you delete items on your mac first?

May 2, 2022 9:07 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I still can see the videos on my photos app however, I disabled iCloud on my Mac and the 30 day deadline to undo the disable has passed and now I cannot play those videos in my photos app (Mac) it gives me an “error downloading video” …”an error occurred while loading a higher quality version of this video”

so they are still stored however I cannot play any of them due to the error.

May 2, 2022 4:32 PM in response to 3m_

Do you (or did you) have "optimise mac storage" enabled on the mac? If so the full size originals are only stored in iCloud, and what you see in the photos app is just a thumbnail.

Why did you disable iCloud on your mac? (What are you trying to achieve)?

If you log on to www.icloud.com, and go to the photos section, are your videos still there? Is your iCloud plan still active, or have you cancelled it.

Photos/icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.