Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4th gen apple tv won't update

Hi, my 4th gen apple tv won't update. The current version is 13.? I've tried updating, reset/update, unplugged, etc. but the update fails to install each time. Is there a solution? The software appears to download, and prepare but doesn't complete installation. I have full internet service.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on May 1, 2022 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 4:43 AM

Contact Apple Support for assistance.

You may be asked to try to restore and update externally, connected to a computer by USB. That will wipe any customization. (You may want to make notes of the current apps before that.)

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you can't restore your Apple TV, take your Apple TV to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for more help.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 4:43 AM in response to ThisIs2Crazy

Contact Apple Support for assistance.

You may be asked to try to restore and update externally, connected to a computer by USB. That will wipe any customization. (You may want to make notes of the current apps before that.)

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you can't restore your Apple TV, take your Apple TV to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for more help.

My 4th gen apple tv won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.