Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get My Mac Mini mid 2010 back to OS X 10.8.5 or ealier?

I have a Mid 2010 Mac Mini running 10.13.6, but I need to wind it back to OS X 10.8.5. I have the upgrade disks and earlier DVD OSX of 10.6. But none of them will allow a wipe of existing OS and reinstalling of an early OS such as OS 10.7.5 or even the DVD disk of OS 10.6 I have tried to select it as startup disk and it starts to, but then reverts back to 10.13 OS on the drive. I have even tried the Option key at startup and select the DVD but it stops at the selection of it (On the OS 10.6 DVD. I do get to the options table on the 10.7.5 but it needs to have 10.7 or 10.6.3 already on the drive to use as it is only an "update" to 10.75..... I need a DVD or Flash drive with installer somewhere between 10.6.3 to 10.7.0.

How can I find such DVD or img for flash drive or even to burn my own DVD????

HELP Please.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 1, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:31 AM

You would need to boot to the 10.6 disk and use disk utilities to erase the full drive. Using recovery to do this will not erase everything and would leave you with only the option to reinstall the existing OS showing in recovery. After erasing drive you could download and run installer for Mountain Lion. Or create a bootable flash drive installer.

Mac OS X Mountain Lion Installer

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you revert to 10.6, you must update to 10.6.8 before you can go to Mountain Lion.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 7:31 AM in response to iBookRevA

You would need to boot to the 10.6 disk and use disk utilities to erase the full drive. Using recovery to do this will not erase everything and would leave you with only the option to reinstall the existing OS showing in recovery. After erasing drive you could download and run installer for Mountain Lion. Or create a bootable flash drive installer.

Mac OS X Mountain Lion Installer

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you revert to 10.6, you must update to 10.6.8 before you can go to Mountain Lion.

How can I get My Mac Mini mid 2010 back to OS X 10.8.5 or ealier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.