Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

japanese keyboard on my desk gone with latest update

I use a small permanent japanese keyboard on my desk. latest update got rid of it. happened already last year but I can't remember how to get it back on my desk.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 10:56 AM

It's not clear exactly what you are referring to. Can you provide more details about what this keyboard looked like? Are you sure it is from Apple and not some app you downloaded?

Perhaps you mean the Kana Table shown below? You turn that on via "type using Kana table" in the menu for Hiragana or another Japanese IM.

Enter characters using the Kana Table on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Airless88

It's not clear exactly what you are referring to. Can you provide more details about what this keyboard looked like? Are you sure it is from Apple and not some app you downloaded?

Perhaps you mean the Kana Table shown below? You turn that on via "type using Kana table" in the menu for Hiragana or another Japanese IM.

Enter characters using the Kana Table on Mac - Apple Support

May 2, 2022 12:29 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you very much Tom. You already gave me the proper solution on December 20/2021 but I had lost it until half an hour ago.

this little kana table is most useful for the few emails that I send to Japan so when it disappears from my desktop, I have to use romaji which is less satisfactory. Now I just printed your Dec20/2021 answer, in case it happens again.

Again, thanks a million. the kana table is back on my desktop.

japanese keyboard on my desk gone with latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.