Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix Apple Watch Workout

So, when I work out I usually alternate strength training and cardio, and have been tracking my progress on both activities separately. Unfortunately, I wasn’t paying attention and started a dance workout on my watch instead of functional strength training and didn’t notice until the end. I want to keep all my workout data, but change the type of workout to accurately reflect that workout session. How do I fix this?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:43 PM

If I understand correctly, you simply want to change the name (type) of a specific workout session you already completed. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to do that. You might be able to manually add a workout (and its data) by following these steps:

1. In the Health App on the iPhone, tap on the Health Data tab at the bottom
  2. Then tap Activity and scroll down to Workouts and tap on it
  3. In the the top right hand corner of the screen it says add data (or simply +)
  4. Tap on that and you can enter a new workout and its data
  5. When you are finished tap on add at the top right of the screen.

Be aware though that this only effects your 3 rings on the day in question and it won't remove the dance workout.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 7:43 PM in response to greyeyedgirl21

If I understand correctly, you simply want to change the name (type) of a specific workout session you already completed. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to do that. You might be able to manually add a workout (and its data) by following these steps:

1. In the Health App on the iPhone, tap on the Health Data tab at the bottom
  2. Then tap Activity and scroll down to Workouts and tap on it
  3. In the the top right hand corner of the screen it says add data (or simply +)
  4. Tap on that and you can enter a new workout and its data
  5. When you are finished tap on add at the top right of the screen.

Be aware though that this only effects your 3 rings on the day in question and it won't remove the dance workout.

Fix Apple Watch Workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.