Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photo sharing

Is there a way we can back up photos to icloud without having automatically turned on on phone? Husband doesn't enjoy my 40000 work related photos being on his phone now he turned on icloud photos on his phone.

iPhone XS

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 10:38 PM

drums99 Said:

"icloud photo sharing: Thank you, do you know a fast way of removing all of my photos from Hubby's phone now? We turned off icloud automatic option."

-------

You are welcome.

Ridding of Photos from an iPhone:

Which to Do?:

Do you want to export them, or do you just want to trash them?

• About Exporting Photos:

Go Here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

• About Trashing Photos:

When it comes to trashing them, with thousands to sort through, the fastest way is to reset your iPhone to Factory Settings, making not of what is installed. It would take some time, but it is the way to go about clear all of it (with out backing it up). Perform as instructed here, including logging out of iCloud on it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2022 10:38 PM in response to drums99

drums99 Said:

"icloud photo sharing: Thank you, do you know a fast way of removing all of my photos from Hubby's phone now? We turned off icloud automatic option."

-------

You are welcome.

Ridding of Photos from an iPhone:

Which to Do?:

Do you want to export them, or do you just want to trash them?

• About Exporting Photos:

Go Here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

• About Trashing Photos:

When it comes to trashing them, with thousands to sort through, the fastest way is to reset your iPhone to Factory Settings, making not of what is installed. It would take some time, but it is the way to go about clear all of it (with out backing it up). Perform as instructed here, including logging out of iCloud on it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 2, 2022 10:09 PM in response to drums99

drums99 Said:

"icloud photo sharing: Is there a way we can back up photos to icloud without having automatically turned on on phone? Husband doesn't enjoy my 40000 work related photos being on his phone now he turned on icloud photos on his phone."

-------

Backing Up Photos to iCloud:

Do so directly. You'd go through iCloud Drive to perform this. Go Here:  https://www.icloud.com/photos

icloud photo sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.