Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMESSAGE NOT WORKING (Error message: iMessage Activation - An error occurred during activation)

Hello i’m really frustrated I can’t activate my imessage. It always says “iMessage Activation - An error occurred during activation. Please try again”. I already tried turning imessage on and off, airplane mode, restarting my phone and even resettting my network settings. But nothing happened it still doesn’t work please help

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on May 3, 2022 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 11:41 AM

My iMessage is not working and it must come blue when I text someone but it is not turn on to the blue color I don’t know why

27 replies

May 17, 2022 4:39 PM in response to Iafeef

I have this issue too and the referenced support article steps did not solve it. I’ve factory reset. I’ve updated to the latest iOS.

I spent two hours on the phone with apple support and my call was elevated, at which point I was finally told that there was a bug introduced in iOS 15.4.1 that affected iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max users who are on an e-sim. I was told there “is no solution” presently, short of going to your provider and asking for a physical SIM card (which doesn’t help those of us who use an e-SIM so that they can slot in an alternate SIM card for work/travel). The tech I spoke to also told me that this issue is affecting “thousands” of users. Though I haven’t seen many posts about it online, which I find confusing if this is affecting so many people on iOS 15.4.1+. The tech told me an iOS update would be forthcoming that would solve the issue.

I updated to iOS 15.5 yesterday and the problem persists. Not sure if anyone has heard any news about fixes for this specific bug/issue but I remain stuck unable to use iMessage from/to my cellular number. I can only send and receive from my email addresses.

May 23, 2022 6:39 AM in response to andronerf

I’m having the same issue. Have been on the phone with apple multiple times who has expedited me to the engineering team who after about two weeks after me sending them screen recordings and screen shots of the issue still has not gotten back to me. I got so frustrated yesterday and brought it to my local apple store who’s only solution for me was to call apple and bring it to the engineering team… so I’m still in the same boat with no solutions still imessaging from my email address instead of my phone number…. This issue is totally unacceptable and for it to be happening to so many people without being fixed and this trillion dollar company continues to do nothing about it is insane to me as a customer who frequently buys their expensive products I expect them to work how they are supposed to work… this has been nothing but a waste of my time for almost a month now

May 26, 2022 4:02 AM in response to mcbyln

This continually happens to me as well. It’s gotten so insane that now my provider doesn’t even want to help me by giving me another SIM card.

But, somehow the last time it happened (just 5 days ago) I was fortunate enough to get some guy from Apple IT who successfully helped.

I sure hope he’s around today! Because it’s occurred yet again.

Oct 21, 2022 7:16 PM in response to mcbyln

It’s been about 7 weeks since I’ve last turned on the IPad and now it’s telling me Imessgae Activation and it keeps on spamming it to where it won’t even let me click out of the app so i did end up getting on Apple Support but nothing seems to be working I’ve already reset my password and everything so I don’t really know what to do now because it keeps telling me IMessage Error or something like that and the only option given is to cancel and it comes right back up

IMESSAGE NOT WORKING (Error message: iMessage Activation - An error occurred during activation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.