Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Victim of Gift Card Scam through App called GameFlip

I find this frustrating especially if you were the victim of “gift card scams”.

As some of you are aware there are places where you can purchase discounted apple gift cards and any kind of gift cards.

I had purchased several high value gift cards (total value under $10,000). However as of today my Apple ID has been permanently been disabled.

I am assuming that this is because the sellers of these gift cards have initiated charge backs. Which in turn caused my Apple ID to be flagged.

Although I have not made any chargebacks through my credit cards or bank I am a victim of this scam.

I have proof and an entire transaction history showing that I did legitimately purchases these discounted “gift cards”. However I’m victim to the sellers charging back on their end whom I have no relationship or contact with.

Does anyone have a solution?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 3, 2022 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 4:57 AM

Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Contact Apple Support -> Get Support (apple.com)

If Apple has decided to permanently block your Apple ID, we can't help you here.

We are also users of Apple products & services like you.

6 replies

May 3, 2022 6:58 AM in response to shoeluvr13

If I have to make a new Apple ID will I lose all my photos, contacts, everything that’s been backed up on to the current Apple ID that I have? (Which is permanently disabled).

Also would I need to delete all the apps I downloaded and redownload them fresh under the new Apple ID?

Should I cancel my ICloud subscription because it’s associated with my current Apple ID?

Do I need to cancel my Apple Card?

May 3, 2022 7:08 AM in response to YooTech

You would want to save your photos, Contacts and files another way, yes, like syncing them to a computer. Then you would need to erase the iPhone to start fresh with the new Apple ID.

Yes, you would need to get your apps again under the new Apple ID.

I would contact Apple to have your current iCloud subscription canceled because it’s tied specifically to the disabled Apple ID.

Yes, you’ll need to request Goldman Sachs close your current Apple Card because it’s specific to the disabled Apple ID, then apply for a new one with the new ID.

Victim of Gift Card Scam through App called GameFlip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.