Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get two factor authentication code without iPhone or any other Apple device?

I have 1 Apple device - my iPhone. No Mac, no Apple Watch, no iPad.

If I lose my iPhone and need to log on to iCloud to use "Find My Phone", how am I supposed to get the authentication code to log in? It's only sent to my phone, which I lost.....

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:28 AM

Yes. Register another trusted SMS capable or voice capable telephone number and you can receive a code as an SMS text or automated voice call.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Trusted phone numbers

A trusted phone number is a number that can be used to receive verification codes by text message or automated phone call. You must verify at least one trusted phone number to enroll in two-factor authentication.

You should also consider verifying an additional phone number you can access, such as a home phone, or a number used by a family member or close friend. You can use this number if you temporarily can't access your primary number or your own devices.

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.”

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 6:28 AM in response to tjaburke88

Yes. Register another trusted SMS capable or voice capable telephone number and you can receive a code as an SMS text or automated voice call.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Trusted phone numbers

A trusted phone number is a number that can be used to receive verification codes by text message or automated phone call. You must verify at least one trusted phone number to enroll in two-factor authentication.

You should also consider verifying an additional phone number you can access, such as a home phone, or a number used by a family member or close friend. You can use this number if you temporarily can't access your primary number or your own devices.

Verification codes

A verification code is a temporary code sent to your trusted device or phone number when you sign in to a new device or browser with your Apple ID. You can also get a verification code from Settings on your trusted device.”

May 3, 2022 6:47 AM in response to tjaburke88

you only have to use someone else’s telephone number if you don’t have another one you trust (I use my Google voice number as my backup and nobody else can access my Google accounts).

Nobody can login into your iCloud account without knowing your AppleID password AND be able to get a 2FA code. Both are required.

Anyone with your screen lock passcode can access your iPhone.

So, keep your AppleID password and screen lock passcode private. And use a strong AppleID password.

Get two factor authentication code without iPhone or any other Apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.