Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No backups on my Time Machine

I decided to force a backup since it wasn't doing it automatically - I can see my backup drive but if I go to select drive I can't and there is no option to start a backup.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 3, 2022 8:51 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2022 2:28 PM in response to kcbojangle

+1 on ku4Hx's comments. When I want to check when my last TM backup occurred I always click the TM icon in the menu (upper right of the display) this tells me the status which also includes when the last back was done. As I have not modified TM in any way it is always done hourly. This also helps me keep track of the health of my TM EHD. All HD's dies, the question is a matter of when. Some will last a year or 2 and some have been known to last 10+ years. For this reason also I have redundant backups because I never want to be caught without a backup if or when I need it. Don't laugh, I had that happen 2x which is why I am now a believer in a solid back up system.

Obviously my first backup is using Time Machine, my redundant backup is creating a bootable clone nightly at about 2:30 AM when I am not using the computer. The bootable clone app I use is SuperDuper! however many others are perfectly happy using another cloning app, Carbon Copy Cloner.

No backups on my Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.