Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm not working

I turned the alarm sound up, turned the focus off, silent is off, but nothing happens!

The alarm turns off but doesn’t make a noise or vibrate, I also have made sure my alarm is set to something.

It just stopped working randomly.

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:08 AM

5 replies

May 10, 2022 12:28 AM in response to LionDL

Might you be using Airplay on your Mac at the time?

This has driven me crazy since the last major upgrade. Its been intermittent. It doesn't affect every number. But it does also make calendar and messages silent. I've missed meetings, calls and texts.

After hours on the phone with my carrier, and multiple calls/attempts with Apple, I'd gotten nowhere. Then something hit me. (It's just a flesh wound.) I remembered a setting, NOT on my Phone, but on my MAC.

This only happens when I was using Airplay on the Mac, with certain settings. And one phone always got through. And it happened when they added Focus. Here are the settings that apply:y

So, my phone wasn't ringing. I had to go to my Mac and change settings for NOTIFICATIONS & FOCUS , specifically when AIRPLAY was working. It doesn't take that long, but I didn't notice all at first. I changed one, no fix...looked and changed the next.

Imagine the lights go out at home. Would you think to go to your neighbor's and check their plumbing? I don't blame anyone for not figuring this one out.

In the Mac, go to System Preferences and check the following. I changed to the BOLD.

Notifications & Focus/Focus: Share across devices. (No)

Notifications & Focus/Focus, then select Options: Allow Calls from (Everyone/All Contacts, etc.)

Notifications & Focus/Notifications (at bottom): Allow Notifications When mirroring or sharing the display (Yes)

Notifications & Focus/Notifications/Calendar (left): Allow time sensitive alerts. Yes

Notifications & Focus/Notifications/Calendar (left): Play sound for notifications. Yes

Notifications & Focus/Notifications/Messages (left): Allow time sensitive alerts. Yes

Notifications & Focus/Notifications/Messages (left): Play sound for notifications. Yes

Repeat for other applications.

Alarm not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.