Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Loading iCloud Music Library" takes forever, then times out with "An Error Occurred"

Hello:

I've de-authorized all my devices and re-authorized only the ones I currently have, but on my brand new 2021 MacBook Pro, I put a check in "Sync Library" and it starts with "Loading iCloud Music Library" which literally can take over a day, but always fails with "An Error Occurred"

Please help! I am at a complete loss.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 3, 2022 12:00 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 4, 2022 8:18 AM in response to TK4500

Most peculiar then. Have you checked for updates to Monterey? You can try holding down option+cmd as you launch Music which opens it in safe mode. It may help, but I don't recall seeing these symptoms before. Transferring the working library from another system so you start with everything already in place might work better for you.

tt2

"Loading iCloud Music Library" takes forever, then times out with "An Error Occurred"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.