Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menubar does not change color with Dynamic Desktop most of the times

Hi ... I am on MacBook Pro 14. MacOs is Monterey Version: 12.3.1. No third party apps installed.

With Dynamic Desktop on, the menubar often doesn't change color along with the desktop image. It particularly happens every single time, when you are working in fullscreen mode or the window fully expanded, at a time when the dynamic desktop is supposed to shift it's color according to the time of the day. If at that time you're in fullscreen mode/expanded window, on reverting to smaller window, the desktop image has changed it's color but the menubar's color stays the same as the time when you last went in fullscreen mode. I think this is an issue with the OS. As other users have asked the question but no one has responded to their query. I haven't had this issue when not in fullscreen mode or the window fully expanded.  should fix this.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 3, 2022 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 4:37 PM

etoilelointaine wrote:

Hi ... I am on MacBook Pro 14. MacOs is Monterey Version: 12.3.1. No third party apps installed.
With Dynamic Desktop on, the menubar often doesn't change color along with the desktop image. It particularly happens every single time, when you are working in fullscreen mode or the window fully expanded, at a time when the dynamic desktop is supposed to shift it's color according to the time of the day. If at that time you're in fullscreen mode/expanded window, on reverting to smaller window, the desktop image has changed it's color but the menubar's color stays the same as the time when you last went in fullscreen mode. I think this is an issue with the OS. As other users have asked the question but no one has responded to their query. I haven't had this issue when not in fullscreen mode or the window fully expanded.  should fix this.

In Full Screen mode I simply have a black menubar...I do not see that changing unless you switch the dark-light feature.

You can increase transparency—uncheck the box

Set Accessibility preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Use a light or dark appearance on your Mac - Apple Support

If no insight or resolve you can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 4:37 PM in response to etoilelointaine

etoilelointaine wrote:

In Full Screen mode I simply have a black menubar...I do not see that changing unless you switch the dark-light feature.

You can increase transparency—uncheck the box

Set Accessibility preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Use a light or dark appearance on your Mac - Apple Support

If no insight or resolve you can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report Product Feedback - Apple

Menubar does not change color with Dynamic Desktop most of the times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.