Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I use the USB C multi port adapter, I don't know where on my MacBook Pro to access the thumb drive on the port?

When I use the USB C multi port adapter, I don't know where on my MacBook Pro to access the thumb drive on the port?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:56 PM

Suezeebgee Said:

"When I use the USB C multi port adapter, I don't know where on my MacBook Pro to access the thumb drive on the port?"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 6:56 PM in response to Suezeebgee

Suezeebgee Said:

"When I use the USB C multi port adapter, I don't know where on my MacBook Pro to access the thumb drive on the port?"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.