Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

second hand ipad activation lock removal

I bought a used ipad 3 years ago and it worked good until I have to reset some internet settings and now I couldn't open it. When I tried it is asking for previous owners account that I do not have. How can I get this set up without previous owners info? Please help.

thanks,

Veer

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 3, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 8:06 PM

Clovis2018 Said:

"second hand ipad activation lock removal: I bought a used ipad 3 years ago and it worked good until I have to reset some internet settings and now I couldn't open it. When I tried it is asking for previous owners account that I do not have. How can I get this set up without previous owners info? Please help. thanks, Veer"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPad:

Have the Seller Log Out of This:

Learn from this:

If this is a used device, then the person currently signed in to the iPhone needs to log themselves out of it. Elsewise, it is useless to your account. This is the site the seller should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better. So, return it, requesting that they log out of it, and use that post I just provided prior to handing it back in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 8:06 PM in response to Clovis2018

Clovis2018 Said:

"second hand ipad activation lock removal: I bought a used ipad 3 years ago and it worked good until I have to reset some internet settings and now I couldn't open it. When I tried it is asking for previous owners account that I do not have. How can I get this set up without previous owners info? Please help. thanks, Veer"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPad:

Have the Seller Log Out of This:

Learn from this:

If this is a used device, then the person currently signed in to the iPhone needs to log themselves out of it. Elsewise, it is useless to your account. This is the site the seller should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better. So, return it, requesting that they log out of it, and use that post I just provided prior to handing it back in.

May 3, 2022 8:25 PM in response to Clovis2018

The iPad was never prepared appropriately for a new owner. If you don't know or can't reach the owner who originally locked the iPad, you now have a totally, utterly useless iPad, you will never be able to use again. Without the actual credentials used to lock the iPad, there is no way you can bypass Activation Lock. Apple will NOT help you. We cannot help you.

Recycle the iPad responsibly as it's useless to you now.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

second hand ipad activation lock removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.