Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer a child account to another family

How do I stop or pause using family sharing completly? If there isn’t a way how do I transfer my child to another account first, in order to do so?

Posted on May 3, 2022 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 11:53 PM

Apple has the instructions in the support document Move a child to another group using Family Sharing.

You can't "pause" a family sharing group, but you can disband a group. See Leave Family Sharing.

Note that Apple advises:

If there are children under the age of 13* in the family group, the family organiser can't disband the group until they move the child to another Family Sharing group.

* Age varies by country or region.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 11:53 PM in response to malorie101

Apple has the instructions in the support document Move a child to another group using Family Sharing.

You can't "pause" a family sharing group, but you can disband a group. See Leave Family Sharing.

Note that Apple advises:

If there are children under the age of 13* in the family group, the family organiser can't disband the group until they move the child to another Family Sharing group.

* Age varies by country or region.

How to transfer a child account to another family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.